Thursday, July 31, 2008

There's a fine, fine line

I saw Avenue Q last night. I have wanted to see it for ages now and it didn't disappoint. I tried to upload a youtube video of the song "There's a fine, fine line" being performed, but for some reason it's not working. Just as well since the show is done with puppets I may have traumatized Brice.

Here are part of the lyrics:

There's a fine, fine line between a fairy tale and a lie;
And there's a fine, fine line between "You're wonderful" and "Goodbye."
I guess if someone doesn't love you back it isn't such a crime,
But there's a fine, fine line between love
And a waste of your time.

And I don't have the time to waste on you anymore.
I don't think that you even know what you're looking for.
For my own sanity, I've got to close the door



It's like they were singing to me! :)

10 comments:

dantallion said...

I'm guessing you've just had a "These boots were made for walkin'" moment?

eroswings said...

That's always fantastic when you finally get to see something you've wanted to see for a while. Makes the wait and the memory much better and even more satisfying.

I've always wanted to see a real live, professional, Broadway/off Broadway stage production...

Did you see Gary Coleman?

Brice said...

That's amazing.
Puppets or marionnettes? There's a difference, i'm okay with the fuzzy "Henson" puppets.

And I really want to see Avenue Q.

Snooze said...

Dantallion: More of an acceptance and understanding.

Eroswings: Did he actually appear in some of the versions? That would be great if he did. This time it was only his character.

Brice: Henson style muppets. Definitely go see it then. I'm going to try to go again.

Nicki said...

I want to see it. I have the soundtrack somewhere around here. I like the mix tape one.

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to see that one for a while.

I love when a song or something I read exactly fits my life at that moment.

eroswings said...

Snooze, if I remember correctly, the Gary Coleman character was based on the actor but has always been voiced by a woman!

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Never heard of it, but I like those lyrics.

* scurries off to Wikipedia *

Snooze said...

FM: I need to get the soundtrack.

Laverne: I hope you do get to go see it.

Eroswings: That makes sense.

IDV: [cue music] If you were gay... that would be okay...
Do wikipedia it. It's a great show.

Susan as Herself said...

My friend John is the wardrobe supervisor for this show on Broadway. he has been there since it opened, and LOVES working there.

He got me a comp ticket a couple years back on a trip to NYC, and I adored the show as well. Those actors who can sing and also do puppetry are amazing!