Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Blogging block

I have suddenly become extremely busy at work and by the time I get home I can't focus. And the reunion is going well so the brief notes I am inspired to write make even me vomit they are so sappy. I'm sparing you all that.

Be grateful.

No, really.

However, I do have a question for all of you...

Last year near this time I was having a lot of nooners. I dutifully logged my hours and the two hour lunches used up my built-up lieu time, so I really wasn't doing anything untoward. The only thing was, I felt that it was unprofessional to say, "I'm off to get laid", especially as I wasn't showering before coming back to the office. But I didn't know *what* to say. I didn't want to say I was meeting a friend for lunch because everyone in my office frequented the few restaurants nearby. I couldn't say I was getting a facial or massage because again, people knew the nearby places and also if I said I was getting a facial and came back with the same, tired skin - it would be obvious (and no, I didn't have the Cosmo facial where they tell women that 'semen is so good for the skin').

What I did say was that I was meeting with my financial consultant. Eventually my boss asked me if I was buying a house. I guess she wondered what involved so many consultations.

So... how do you slip away for some noontime nookie?

11 comments:

dantallion said...

"I'm going to the gym."

tornwordo said...

I've got some personal business to attend to.

Snooze said...

Okay, both you guys are better than me. The gym one might have explained the horrifically messy hair after too.

Lesley said...

I agree -- "I'm going to the gym" is excellent! It would explain any messy hair or flushed face.

Tickersoid said...

"Personal reasons?"

"I'm going for an anti-hair doo."

Nicki said...

Noontime Nookie? What's that?

Snooze said...

Lesley: And my gym was near enough my work that the excuse would have been plausible

Tickers: Anti-hairdo is my daily existence

FM: The best way to spend lunch

Perplexio said...

Well you're a librarian or work in that general field don't you?

"I'm going to catalog someone's personal library."

"I have to go file some books under the 'Do-Me' Decimal system."

oh whoops, that 2nd one isn't exactly too discrete.

Anonymous said...

"how do you slip away for some noontime nookie?"

Ha ha bah ha ha ha....


oh... that's rich... I can't breathe.

Now, if you'd asked about a noontime cookie, well that I could answer.

madamerouge said...

I like Torn's suggestion.

Snooze said...

Perplexio: I like the second one, discreet or not!

Laverne: Mmmm. Noontime cookies work just as well.

MR: Indeed. Torn is a smart guy.