Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Deep breaths

Not the pervy kind, I'm only trying to stay calm and keep moving forward.

  • My move was a nightmare. Last week I was at my old place until at least midnight every night doing final packing/moving/cleaning. The last night was the worst and thank heavens for the extra tags you can buy for garbage bags (you only get to throw out a binfull of garbage every two weeks, but you can pay for stickers if you need to throw out more. I love this because I still felt like I should pay more for all my excess garbage). And yes, I had TEN bags of extra garbage. This is in addition to 12 bags of recycling. Much of the garbage was old clothes that were not fit for Goodwill and broken appliances, etc.
  • Wedding plans are moving along but are taking more time than intended.
  • Not only did I move apartments, both my offices are moving and both libraries with those offices are moving. This is an endless hell
  • My mum is currently in hospital with a broken arm so I have been running between work and the hospital and keeping my dad company. I am completely counting my blessings as her broken arm was the result of what could have been a much, much worse accident. I'm lucky to have my mum at all.
  • By broken arm I am talking about a compound fracture that required pins, plates, and wires to set it. In fact, I had to leave the emergency room when I saw her wrist as I was about to faint/vomit and the emergency ward definitely did not need to be babysitting me.
  • let me mention again about how blessed I and all my family are to still have my mum with us.

6 comments:

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Oog. There's nothing like everything happening at once.

I'm pleased that your mum's accident was 'only' minor. But still, what rotten timing for you both.

Ponita in Real Life said...

OMG, Snooze! Hang in there, honey... it will all settle down eventually. Glad your mum only had a broken arm... and that she'll be okay.

Big hugs!!!!

Rox said...

Life is crazy, isn't it? You're rolling with it. That's awesome!

Susan as Herself said...

That is a personal conflagration of highest concentration!!! I have been in a similar spot--- remember the words of Winston Churchill: When you are going through hell, keep going.

eroswings said...

First off, I'm glad to hear that your mother is fine now and is recovering well. I'm glad she is okay now.

And I hope that things get calmer for you and that you find some peace and serenity amidst the chaos of life lately.

tornwordo said...

There is no worse hell than moving. Glad the mum is on the mend.