Monday, October 18, 2010

Slogging onward

I've come to the conclusion that I have a cold. I figured I was feeling crappy just due to pregnancy crappiness, but sore throat and being a snot factory seems to indicate otherwise. Meanwhile my appetite has kicked into high gear and I need to stock up on healthier food. I will not be at a healthy pregnancy weight at all if I continue my current carb craze. At least it's weekdays again where I tend to eat better. I bring fruit to work and snacks like hummus - it just seems that on week-ends comfort food like grilled cheese beckon.

5 comments:

Katherine Josh said...

Loquat is for cough and lung in Chinese medicine. Sometimes i would take the Ninjiom Pei Pa Koa which is an extract of loquat when got sore throat.

You can access info online @
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
ninjiom.50webs.com

rox said...

I'm catching one too. I can take Neo Citran though. :)

Feel better soon!

Hammy said...

Oh, but being pregnant makes you a snot factory. Hormones and mucus membranes unite!

Just wait for the bleeding gums and nosebleeds.

Yours in pregnancy (due March 17th with baby2),
Hammy

Jane Kaylor said...

hope you are getting better… sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

i hope it works on you as well.

Snooze said...

Rox: I love the Neo Citran dead sleep. I'm jealous.

Hammy: Welcome! Not happy to hear about becoming a snot factory, but indeed, that is what's happening.