Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Tomorrow is Forced Fun Day at work. I think they are terming it team building. It's offsite and they have some sort of scavenger hunt type thing planned. In all honesty, it looks like the organizers have gone to a lot of effort and I applaud them for that, but I would really prefer to just do my job and go home. I don't think I'm in the minority either as we have received several "You must attend" emails. And of course, being government, there will be no alcohol. Ah well, I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Even if the day is a disaster, I have booked a facial right after Fun Day. Now that should be good. Today was snatch&ass waxing which as usual was 5 minutes of hell but so worth the result. Tomorrow is the facial. Thursday is mani/pedi time. Friday is a friend's birthday dinner. I need to focus on those events and keep on smiling.

I also think I'll try to use work phrases that I normally loathe. My most hated phrase ever from a previous employer is "No one likes change except a wet baby!" Parroting mindless management pep-talk always makes me smile.

What hated work phrases do you have?

11 comments:

eroswings said...

First of all, ouch on the wax attack.

I love those team building days! It's free money for doing silly things. Also, they have decent snacks, and I usually get free pens and other dollar store trinkets!

Rox said...

These team building excercises are precisely why I don't work! LOL!

Snatch and ass waxing. Ouchiewawa!!

katrocket said...

These work phrases make me want to punch people:

1. "Let's touch base about that offline"
2. "value-added"
3. "ASAP", "PDQ", "RFN" - any obnoxious abbreviation that orders me to hurry the fuck up.
4. "make it happen"
5. "think outside the box"

Hope your "forced fun" was tolerable!

mainja said...

It tends to depend how you go into those things.

There are totally painful cheesy moments, but it can be fun too.

And, being government, there is also always LOTS of drinking afterwards. It's always good to get shit-faced with your co-workers. *grin*

Anyway, if you can find a way to just go and relax, and not focus on what you have to get done at the office and how you'd rather be there, the honestly, it can be fun.

CoffeeDog said...

Snatch & Ass waxing - sorry sweetie, you're going to have to supply some visuals.

Snooze said...

Eros: The event wasn't bad, but believe it or not, I had to go back to the office to do a rush project for a client!

Rox: It was fun, but I don't see how it made us more effective at our jobs. I wish we had had a vision day instead (I can't believe I just wrote that)

Kat: #1 made me gag. I hate to ask, but what are PDQ and RFN?

Mainja: I went with it and it was not bad, but like I noted, I did end up at the office (which was bliss as there was almost no one there)

CD: I do have a pretty twat. I would post pics if that wasn't so wrong and deranged.

katrocket said...

OMG CD's comment SLAYS me. You rock, Coffeedog!

PDQ = Pretty Darn (or Damn) Quick
RFN = Right Fucking Now!

These are very popular phrases in the production industry, because most bosses think that instilling panic in employees will somehow increase productivity. (It doesn't.)

Tickersoid said...

We're lucky, our, 'forced fun' day was cancelled due to the economic down turn.

Snooze said...

Kat: coffeedog is fantastic. I had a feeling that RFN would mean that. I would have to destroy anyone that sent me that. I had no idea about PDQ, but that's equally annoying.

Tickersoid: Ah, everything has a silver lining. Even economic downturns.

Anonymous said...

Today was snatch&ass waxing which as usual was 5 minutes of hell but so worth the result. Tomorrow is the facial.

I'm disappointed that nobody commented on the facial. Because I can't be the only one that giggled over that statement (especially after the first).

There aren't necessarily phrases I hate, but I do hate meetings. And I do hate the stupid holiday party they expect me to go to.

Snooze said...

Stewie: I have to take care of all ends. Maybe your holiday party won't be so bad. Mine was quite fun while it lasted.