Sunday, January 30, 2011

Best Sunday morning tv ever

I was half-watching Coronation Street but then went to have a shower - when I came back out, the Canadian documentary expose show W5 was on. It's on the mob in Montreal. Anyhow, the part that is cracking me up is that they are playing surveillance tapes and phone taps and giving subtitles for everything. This is beyond hilarious - if you're not involved that is, If you are involved with the mob, the threats are quite terrifying - but seeing Sunday morning tv with a huge caption reading "I'm smarter than you. I'm not fuckin stupid" and "She was fuckin hot" is making my day. Admittedly, as I acknowledged above, the whole realizing that people are saying things like, "Who am I? I'm the guy who's going to cause you to drink out of a straw for the next six months," and not starring in an HBO sitcom is somewhat terrifying, but for tv - this is wild.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mom loved Coronation Street!

I love W5. I wonder if it's too late for me to catch the West Coast feed out here?