- This week some weight crept back on, but today it was gone again. I celebrated by having a grilled cheese sandwich. Which is probably why the weight has a tendency to creep up... However, I will say this, since January when I finally decided to lose weight, I have succeeded in getting my appetite way, way down. And I make better food choices. My 'one salad a week' new year's resolution worked! My smaller eating habits are a way of life (and by 'smaller' all I mean is that I'm no longer overeating. My portions now are probably what they should have been all along)
- I had a pile of trousers that needed to be hemmed. I brought them to the dry cleaner at the end of the street. This man is awesome. I have been without a seamstress/tailor for a while. I think this could be the start of a beautiful friendship. So next Saturday I should have six pairs of work pants and about 3 casual pairs that will be clean and fit properly. Next up is to bring in all my coats for cleaning and sew on the buttons. Although I am capable of sewing on a button, I never do a good job and they invariably fall off.
- I spent over $300 on alcohol today. Stocking up for the holidays and buying gifts. I am reconsidering my aversion to beer in the home as buying nothing but prosecco, scotch, and champagne adds up quickly. I haven't even begun to stock up on wine and liquor. I think I need gin, although I seem to have two bottles of vodka in the freezer and I have several bottles of rum.
- My goal is to have all my Christmas cards to the UK written and mailed by next Friday. I think I can do it
- I have lined up a date for next week. This is so amazing. What it means is that whether or not it goes well, I am over my wanting to die/endless sobbing phase of the past summer, and really, the past five years of being chemically imbalanced are on their way out.
Forty is coming up awfully quickly and although I still want to take enough sleeping pills that I spend the day in blissful unconcious mode, I am in shape, social, and organized. At least more than I've been in a long time.