Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The spawn of Satan

I have been so exhausted recently. Tonight I came home from work, had dinner and a few glasses of wine, and then settled into a nice, hot bath. My timid cat, Tasha, hopped up on the edge of the tub and started drinking the bath water - as she often likes to do. Then she was just perched next to me. It was very peaceful. The shower curtain was almost fully drawn and only the bathroom night light was on. Tasha and I were just enjoying one another's company.

And then the peace was shattered.

With a loud rustle the curtains imploded and Tasha was knocked into the water. She leapt out before I even fully came to my senses. I moved so suddenly in fright that my lower back, which has been out of sorts for months, was wrenched with sudden pain.

The insane Fur Snake had been jealous and had decided to push Tasha into the water. Tasha had run into the other room, climbed to the top of her scratching post and was licking her tail trying to get most of the water away. Meanwhile, Fur was languidly stretched out on the bath mat with this look like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

All cats are somewhat evil, but this one thrives on it.

10 comments:

Inexplicable DeVice said...

All I can think of is: How hot was your bath water?

tornwordo said...

You're lucky you didn't get all sliced up! Made me giggle though.

Rox said...

LOL!!!!

I hope your back is okay!

katrocket said...

I'm so very sorry about your back injury, but the story was really funny.

Anonymous said...

L
M
A
O

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm an asshole. Sorry about your back.

I'm heading up for a massage.

I give a mean massage.

Nicki said...

Ugh. Sorry to hear about the back. Not surprised about the cat, though. Evil, vile creatures they are.

eroswings said...

Someone's going to get sprayed with a water gun! Bad kitty! Bad kitty! I'd check that cat to see if there are horns growing on its head!

That's funny! But painful; ouch. Hopefully your back is better.

What do you use in your bath water that makes the cat want to drink it?

Susan as Herself said...

I have never heard of a cat drinking hot bath water. Odd...

And that sucks about your back. Hope the pain goes away fast! Hmmm. My word verification says "hendrol." Sounds like a painkiller!

Snooze said...

IDV: Not that hot! Quite warm though. I don't know - Tasha always has done that. I used to stand under the shower drinking that water.

Torn: That's *exactly* what I was grateful for - that kitty claws weren't dug into my oh-so-tender belly

Rox: It's back to it's normal sort of sensitive bit

Kat: Part of me admired Fur. She caused all that chaos and then was just like, "As you were. Now the correct cat is in place. Continue with your bath..."

Stewie: Ah, my back is fine. Although I never turn down a good massage!!!!

FM: Oh not vile! Delightfully evil creatures.

Eros: That cat definitely has 666 hidden under her fur somewhere. I do love her though. When I first got her I used to try to 'train' her with a water gun but it makes her a nasty cat. She needs an insane amount of love.

Susan: Tasha even drinks the water is I'm having a bubble bath, although I try to discourage that - not good for kitty digestion. I think I need to change their water mor often...